by Michele Lanza and Stephane Ducasse
Reserve Engineering (<> Forward Engineering)
Impact Factor (IF) of an academic journal is a measure reflecting the average number of citations to recent articles published in this journal [Wiki].
The impact factor of a journal represents the influence of a journal based on its number of citations. It is used as a metric to show the relative significance of a journal with respect to its field. If the impact factor of a journal is high, it implies the relevance of the journal when compared to other ones. It was stated first by Eugene Garfield and now it is considered as a major factor to judge a journal. 
Impact factor 2012 = Number of times the published articles of previous year were cited in journals during this year / The total number of articles published last year
Top IF Journals (around 4.5) in Computer Science:
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials
- ACM Computing Surveys
- Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- International Journal of Computer Vision
JCR: Journal Citation Reports
For storage and large-scale processing of data-sets on clusters.
Allows for the distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models
Process of analyzing a subject system
- To identify the system’s components and their relationship
- To create representations of the system in another form or at a higher level of abstraction
1. Polymetric Views A Lightweight Visual Approach to Reverse Engineering – Stéphane 2003
Ontology: Form of Knowledge Representation [Wiki]
Ontology Language: A formal language used to encode the Ontology (like OWL)
- Choreography language: specifies a protocol for peer-to-peer interactions, defining, e.g., the legal sequences of messages exchanged with the purpose of guaranteeing interoperability (peer-to-peer). Such a protocol is not directly executable. A choreography can be realized by writing an orchestration (e.g., in the form of a BPEL process) for each peer involved in it
BPMN 2.0 standard already contains a metamodel. However, it comes in the so called CMOF (Common Meta Object Facility) format that cannot be directly used in Eclipse
- Design goals
- Define business processes that interact with external entities through web service operations defined using WSDL 1.1.
- Define business processes using an XML-based language (Do not define a graphical representation of processes).
- Define a set of Web service orchestration concepts that are meant to be used by both the external (abstract) and internal (executable) views of a business process.
- Orchestration language: specifies an executable process that involves message exchanges with other systems, such that the message exchange sequences are controlled by the orchestration designer (Mô hình tập trung)
3. CMMN (Case Management Model and Notation)
Use to illustrate unstructured business process that requires a high degree of flexibility
Une communauté d’Universités et d’Etablissement constituée des 8 membres:
- Les universités de Paris-Sorbonne (lettres, arts et sciences humaines et sociales) + Pierre et Marie Curie (sciences, ingénierie and médecine)
- Université de Technologie Compiègne (École d’ingénieurs)
- INSEAD (Business School)
- Muséum national d’histoire naturelle
- Trois organismes nationaux de recherche:
- CNRS: Centre national de la recherche scientifique
- Inserm: Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale
- IRD: Institut de recherche pour le développement
The Web of Things (WoT) aims at interconnecting network-enabled appliances using Web standards
You can create lessons online